1. Enable the Ss to tell four kinds of Noun Clause from each other (Knowledge aim )
2. Teach the Ss to choose the right conjunctions while doing multiple-choice (Ability aim)
3. Help the Ss grasp the meaning of Cloze and Reading passage that contains Noun Clauses (Ability aim)
4. Cultivate the Ss’ sense of cooperation (Emotion aim)
Teaching important and difficult points:
1. How to distinguish different conjunctions, especially what and that.
2. How to grasp the meaning of Cloze and Reading passage that contains Noun Clauses.
Task-based language teaching; Group& Pair work learning; Ask-and-answer
Computer, multimedia, PowerPoint
Step 1 Lead-in
Step 2 Presentation
Task 1: Ask-and-answer
Take the noun Cinderella for example, ask the Ss to analyze what structure it acts as in the following sentences.
Task 2: Explanation
Ask the Ss to read the next compound sentences loudly, then explain the grammar rules of Noun Clauses.
Step 3 Brainstorm for Multiple-choice
Task 1: Gap-filling
After reviewing the common conjunctions, make the Ss cooperate with his desk mate and fill the sentences with what &that
Task 2: Correction & Quiz
Work in pairs, let the Ss correct the following sentences and try to summarize the distinction between whether&if; it作形式主语或形式宾语；疑问词+ever；同位语从句&定语从句
1.【2013重庆】____ struck me most in the movie was the father’s deep love for his son.
A. That B. It C. What D. Which
2.【2013北京】Experts believe_____people can waste less food by
shopping only when it is necessary.
A. why B. where C. that D. what
3.【2013陕西】It remains to be seen_____the newly formed committee’s policy can be put into practice.
A. that B. which C. what D. whether
4.【2013江西】_____ one of you breaks the window will have to pay for it.
A. Whichever B. Whatever C. Whoever D. Wherever
5.【2013浙江】The only way to succeed at the highest level is to have total belief ______ you are better than anyone else on the sports field.
A. how B. that C. which D. whether
Step 3 Brainstorm for Cloze
Task 1: Co-operation
4 or 6 Ss make up a group, divide the whole class into many groups, cooperate with each other to finish the exercises.
a) He gives the ___1__ that he’s not a nice guy , mostly because of
the fact that he’s constantly picked on（欺负）.
A. expression B. impression C. instruction D. imagination
b) A certain good woman one day said something that hurt her best
friend of many years. She __1___ immediately. What she said hurt the friend so much that this good woman was herself hurt for the _____2__she caused.
1. A. admitted B. denied C. responded D. regretted
2. A. depression B. misunderstanding C. pain D. conflict c) I am waiting wondering whether it’s going to change for the better or continue to get ____1 ___ . All I know for sure is that we have to change our budget more ____2___ , turn more lights off and eat more pasts（意大利面条）!
1. A. best B. longer C. harder D.unlucky
2. A. easily B. sadly C. suddenly D. often
Task 2: Evaluation
Encourage the Ss to share the keys in class and evaluate each other, the teacher will illustrate them in details.
Step 4 Homework